Download the PDF
Experienced and passionate digital artist with expertise in graphic design, photography, image manipulation, computer and traditional illustration, and digital video. Has a proven track record of creating successful marketing and promotional media for print and web.
Design: Adobe CS5 Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, PageMaker), Quark Xpress
Audio/Video: Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Audition, Adobe After Effects, Alias Maya
Web: HTML, Flash, Dreamweaver, CSS, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome
General: Office Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Bridge
Operating Systems: Mac OS X, Windows XP/Vista/7
July 2000 – Present
Holtwick Art & Design, Freelance
Print Design Clients include:
San Diego Union-Tribune, San Diego Rescue Mission, Ethos, Domestic Wax Records, The Paragraphs, Katie Leigh and the Infantry, Western Direct Marketing, HTV Productions, and Kaman’s Art Shoppes (logo design, commercial photography, concert posters, brochures, business cards, postcards, newspaper inserts, signs, and book layouts)
Web Design Clients include:
Domestic Wax Records, CM Caricatures, The Startups, NEOTOLEDO, Chronicle Telegram, Richey-Barrett Insurance, Standard Signs, Astro Instrumentation L.L.C, Genesys Industries
Dionisio Productions, MDI Films, Pinkcat Productions, LLC, Our Gang Productions.
August 2011-January 2012
Government Forms Specialist (Desktop Publishing), Intuit, Inc., San Diego, CA
• Update state and federal government tax forms using Intuit’s proprietary web and graphics software.
• Rebuild and design new government forms to meet the specifications of the state and federal tax agencies.
• Proofread and edit forms.
September 2009 – Present
Freelance Graphic Designer, Skinit.com, La Jolla, CA
• Arrange and manipulate design elements using templates built for various personal electronics, intended for print and use to accessorize phones, mp3 players, laptops, and other devices
• Software used: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Bridge, Alienbrain
July 2006 – April 2009
Graphic Designer, Modern Postcard, Carlsbad, CA
• Preflight PDFs, Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign files for press by checking resolution, trim size, postal regulations, cropping, interpolation, etc.
• Contact clients to discuss job details and instructions and provide design solutions
• Field client phone calls, answer questions and provide technical advice on the use of design software
• Typeset layouts from digital and physical mock-ups and created custom designed postcards
• Designed borders and postcards for the Online Holiday Card store
May 2005 – March 2011
Caricature Artist Lead at Legoland California, Kaman’s Art Shoppes, Carlsbad, California
• Created high-quality caricatures, while providing superior customer service and salesmanship
• Provided training and instruction to newly hired artists, as well as set an example of excellence
• Created demonstration artwork to promote all caricature stands and attract new customers
• Performed clerical and accounting work as part of opening/closing office each day
• Ranked consistently in top 3 artists (on a staff of 15) in revenue generated and number one in sales/hr
August 2005 – May 2006
Digital Technician, Gerardy Photography, Escondido, CA
• Photo re-touching, editing, cropping, order entry, and proofreading
July 2004 – July 2006
Production Operator, FedEx Kinko’s, Vista, CA
• Customer service, typesetting, binding, mounting, machine operation, designed layouts for various print jobs; FedEx Certified
August 2003 – June 2004
Webmaster/Web Designer, Chronicle Telegram, Elyria, Ohio
March 1998 – May 2002
Television Production WBGU-PBS TV-27, Bowling Green, Ohio (Switcher, Floor Director, Camera)
• Bachelor of Fine Arts, May 2002, Major: Computer Art, Minor: Painting, GPA 3.0/4.0
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio