Christopher Holtwick is a jack-of-all trades, when it comes to digital media. With a strong background in art and design, he has worked on projects ranging from motion graphics and web development to painting and caricatures. Christopher has spent a large part of his career hand-building webpages and emails, while creating dynamic graphics, page layouts, and digital ads. His knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite has allowed him to create layouts for books and posters, record original music, and create 2D character animations.
Christopher was born and raised in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio, with a do or die work ethic and the grit of a steelworker. His drive and creativity lead him to relocate to San Diego, with nothing but a computer, a guitar, and a laundry basket full of clothes. Over fifteen years, he has drawn thousands of caricatures, played in local bands, and worked for small, family-owned businesses, all the way up to Fortune 500 companies. When he isn’t working, his hobbies include world travel and running half marathons.
These are videos and graphics that I created using Adobe After Effects, Premier and Photoshop
These are case study projects that I put together to have a sample of work in developing my FIGMA skills
These are digital design projects used for email heroes, banner ads, and social media images.
These are select posters, postcards, flyers, album covers, and other various print projects.
IDEA Health & Fitness Association / www.ideafit.com (as part of Outside Inc. 2021-2022)| San Diego, CA | October 2016 – Present
Senior Digital Designer
- Create design materials as a member of the Outside Creative Team, servicing brands like Gaia GPS and Outside Events Cycling Series
- Guest host, music composer, and audio editor for the Listen and Learn Podcast
- Director and editor of the Paths to Success with Kia Williams Podcast
- Editor and motion graphics artist for the IDEAfit PRO SHOW
- Moderate and create marketing materials for sponsored and educational webinars
- Create social media videos to market IDEA Health & Fitness products
- Create instructional videos on how to use various IDEA products.
- Propose ideas and marketing strategies for fitness events, membership, insurance, and educational products
- Build webpages in a WordPress environment using Beaver Builder
- Build market and third-party promotional emails using Hubspot Marketing Software
E-Rehab, LLC. / www.e-rehab.com | Carlsbad, CA | July 2012 – October 2016
UX Designer / Web Developer
- Designed and built 200+ websites using Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, HTML, CSS3
- Work directly with clients on new website designs and existing sites
- Convert older PHP/HTML sites over to an object-oriented WordPress/PHP workspace
- Format desktop sites to be mobile-friendly & optimized using J-Query Mobile and Bootstrap
- Designed graphics for email newsletter headers, social media cover and profile pictures
- Update HTML changes and client requests to existing sites
- Proof and markup government tax form changes from last year to this year
- Build and update government tax forms using proprietary design software
- Strictly adhere to specific guidelines and details provided individually by each state and federal tax agency
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio,
BFA | Major: Digital Art and Animation, Minor: Painting
Watts Atelier of the Arts, Encinitas, CA | Major: Caricature Illustration
Mira Costa College, Oceanside, CA | Major: Web Development
www.udemy.com | Adobe After Effects, Front End Development, Digital Marketing
Holtwick Art + Design
2875 Worden Street
San Diego, CA 92110